Welcome on board Gary D. Robinson, Ph.D. new LIGS University Provost and Vice-President
On October 1st, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, US – LIGS University warmly welcomed Gary D. Robinson, Ph.D. as a new Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. “Gary Robinson has vast experience in Higher Education and in positions of leadership. We are happy to welcome him on board as our new colleague”, said Pavel Makovsky, President of LIGS University.
The main responsibilities of new Provost and Vice President Dr. Gary D. Robinson are to provide leadership to all academic areas, so that they are aligned with the mission of the institution. He is an advocate for all academic programs, providing leadership to program chairs, faculty and academic staff to ensure consistent quality standards in curriculum and programs that meet the needs of students and accrediting bodies. The new provost oversees the academic integrity of the university and provides leadership in long-range planning; budgeting; curriculum; and program development. Gary will also ensure compliance with various accreditation agencies as well as state accreditation and regulation.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT GARY:
Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior, School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.
Native English Speaker, Bilingual in Spanish. Basic Portuguese and French. Studied Indonesian.
- Chief Academic Officer and Provost, Learntura Vision,
- Adjunct Faculty, Capella University (mentor and reviewer PhD and DBA dissertations and participated in the [successful] ACBSP accreditation application),
- Adjunct Faculty, Thomas Edison State University (teacher Leading Strategic Change at the graduate level and participated in the ASBCP accreditation application),
- Associate of the International Institute of Child Rights and Development and he is presently advising on a social well-being program for children with a team from Latin America,
- President of the Puget Sound Alumni Chapter of Case Western Reserve University,
- Book proposal reviewer for Routledge Books and a reviewer for the Academy of Management,
- Concordia University. 2017-2018 Created and was Chair of the new Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program,
- Forbes Education, Forbes Corporation (2013 until company sold 10/31/2014). Dean, a.i. Management of faculty in course development and instruction of business certificates in Financial Risk Management, Strategy and Innovation, Global Business Leadership and eight others including Agri-business,
- Capella University, School of Business and Technology: Immediate past Chair, (2010-2013) General Business. Led the creation of two doctoral programs, the Ph.D. in Business and the Doctor of Business Administration, Chair of the MBA (2008-2011), Residencies & Faculty Development, Leadership, and faculty,
- University of Phoenix: (1999-2003) Chair of the Doctor of Management program and member of Academic Council for Doctor of Health Administration program,
- Team leader for Evaluation of the USAID LAC Health Sector Reform Initiative. Led an international team in the design, data collection (in three countries), analysis of the Health Reform Initiative and production of the final report (2000),
- Consultation to WHO to develop the management effectiveness program in the Middle East (Syria, Jordan and Egypt) (2000),
- Designed and carried out the evaluation of a Quality Management Program in Syria,
- Professor, Graduate School of Psychology & School of Business-Central Washington University (Organizational Behavior, Organizational Theory, Human Resource Management, Strategy and International Business),
- Visiting Professor, Graduate School of Business Universidad Diego Portales, (1993,1996) Santiago, Chile and California American University, Beijing (2000)
- Management Specialist World Health Organization (WHO), Geneva, Switzerland (1994-1999)
- Manager of Human Resources Initiatives, vice-president controller, The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Case Western Reserve University Alumni Association for the Northwest, President
- El Camino Foundation, Chairman. (Past-Colombia)
- Chancellor University, Member of the Board of Trustees (past)
- InterAmerican University, Member of the Board of Trustees (past)
- Protocol Officer, World Trade Conference, Seattle (past)
- The Institute for Internal Auditors, member of International Relations Committee (past)
- Peace Corps National Advisory Council (Presidential Appointment-Reagan administration)
- Board of Management, Metrocenter YMCA. Chairman of the Board- (Past)
- Rotary Club of: Lynnwood. WA and Choluteca; Honduras -Honorary Member & Paul Harris Fellow
- The Washington Center for Management and Leadership - Member Board of Directors
- Drake, Beam and Moyer/Northwest, Advisory Board member (past)
- School of Advanced Studies in Organizational Consulting, Santiago, Chile, Advisory Board (Past)
- Compliance Training Management Consortium, Chairman (past)
RESEARCH, WRITINGS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Robinson, Gary, Reed Bill, & Morgan, James “Disruptive Innovation in Higher Education: The Professional Doctorate: International Journal of Information and Education Technology. Vol 6, No. 1 January 2016. IACSIT Press.
- Goldhagen, J., Mercer, R., Robinson, G., Duran, E., Webb, E., Simonelli, F. (In review) Principles for Establishing a Rights, Equity, and Justice-based Practice of Pediatrics. Journal of Pediatrics
- Robinson, G.D., Butts Williams, B & Holmes, S. (2013) Disruptive Innovation in Professional Doctorate Education. The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities Annual Meeting, Chicago.
- Robinson, G. D. (2012) Disruptive Innovation in Professional Doctorate Degrees. International Association of Technology and Development. Barcelona: Edu12 Learning
- Robinson, G. D. and Crawford-Mathias (2010) Resourcing the Infrastructure of Management and Leadership. A caucus at the Academy of Management. Montreal, PQ. Academy of Management
- Robinson, G. D. & Holmes S, (2007): Annual Conference of the University Association of University Programs in Health Care Administration: Integrating Innovation in Health Care Graduate Education: Orlando, AUPHA
- Robinson, G. D...& Peterson, D. (2007) Strengths based approach to Child Rights Development. Understanding Child Rights. Ghent, Belgium: University of Ghent;
- Robinson, G. D., Stahlhofer, M. and Vasquez, J (2007): Child Rights Development Workshop, (in Spanish) Pan American Health Organization, Tegucigalpa, Honduras: IICRD and the Ministry of Health of Honduras:
- Robinson, G. D. & Mercer, R. (2007): Child Rights Development Workshop-Implementation and Planning, (in Spanish) Santiago, Chile: IICRD/FLACSO/Ministry of Health of Chile
- CRED-PRO/FLACSO Argentina (2007) Interfase entre los derechos y la salud de la Niñez.: Manual de formación de formadores para el equipo de salud: Buenos Aires: Author
- Molnar, D. and Robinson, G. (2006) Serving the World: A framework for discussing the global, pan cultural application of servant leadership. BABW Conference, Cleveland, OH: Case Western Reserve University.
- Blum, K., Muirhead, B., Robinson, G., Simon, M., Turner, F., von Ber, I. (2005) Conquering the Mountain: Framework for Successful Chair Advising of Online Dissertation Students. International Journal of Instructional Technology & Distance Learning ISSN 1550-6908
- Robinson, Gary, Maria Helena Jaen and Sergio Jellinek, (2000) Midterm Evaluation of the Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Health Sector Reform Initiative, Washington: USAID,
- In Laabas, Belkacem, editor (2000): Building and Sustaining the Capacity for Social Policy Reforms: Dorros,
- George, Marianne Jensen and Gary D. Robinson A Framework for Primary Health Care;.: Aldershot, England: Ashcraft Publishing, Ltd
- In Callahan, Robert, et al, (1986): "International Organizational Behavior", in Organizational Behavior, A Managerial Perspective. Columbus, OH: Merrill
- Robinson, Gary D. (1977): Inter-organizational Cooperation in Human Service Services Administration - A Third-party Intervention Process Cleveland: Case Western Reserve University.
- Robinson, Gary D. (1975): Development planning reconsidered, a conceptual model. Cleveland, Unpublished qualifying paper.
- Aram, J., Bigelow J., Boothe, W., Butler, A., & Robinson, G. (1973): Evaluation of the Career Development Program in Global Community Health Volumes I, II and III. Washington: Case Western Reserve University for the Department of Health, Education and Welfare
OTHER SELECTED BENCHMARKS
- Reviewer, Eastern Academy of Management Conference, Lima, Peru
- Start-Up Chile (2011-2013): Judge, Santiago, Chile
- Robinson, G (2012) et al “Innovations in Child Development Practice” Conference on from molecules to human capital: Keys to understand developmental sciences and programs, Ministry of Health and Harvard University, Santiago, Chile
- Robinson, G (2012) "Children´s Rights in Latin America “, Interview, Cuadernos de Pediatría Social, Madrid.
- 2012 Reviewer African Academy of Management, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2006 to present: Reviewer and member of International Management Committee and chair of sessions: Academy of Management Annual Conference, Various Locations
- Robinson, G. D., Stahlhofer, M. and Vasquez, J (2007): Child Rights Development Workshop, (in Spanish) Pan American Health Organization, IICRD and the Ministry of Health of Honduras: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Robinson, G. D. & Mercer, R. (2007): Child Rights Development Workshop-Implementation and Planning, (in Spanish) IICRD/FLACSO/Ministry of Health of Chile; Santiago, Chile
- Robinson, G. D. & Holmes S, (2007): Annual Conference of the University Association of University Programs in Health Care Administration: Integrating Innovation in Health Care Graduate Education
- Robinson, G. (2006): Organizational Audit: Aurem Institute. Johannesburg, South Africa: Seattle Research Partners through contract with the Microsoft foundation
- Robinson, G. (2006): A Strengths Based Approach to Child Rights (2006): Child Rights conference, University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium December
- Robinson, G. (2006): Child Rights for Professionals. A presentation at the UN Conference on Child Rights, San Jose, Costa Rica October 2006
- Robinson, G. (1996): Facilitator, (1) Tropical Disease Research, Annecy, France, (2) NatSoft, Chamonix, France, (3) Board of Directors, International School, Geneva Switzerland, 1996
- Robinson, G. (1995, 1994 and 1992): Core Competencies of the Organization and Management of Change, (In Spanish) School of Advanced Studies in Organizational Consulting, Santiago, Chile,
- Robinson, G. (2006): Management of the Enterprise: Transition to Privatization, Government of Indonesia Ministry of Communication, Bandung, Indonesia, December 1994
- Robinson, G. (1994 & 1996): Leadership, The Management of Change. San Jose, Costa Rica and Rabat, Morocco; The Business Planning Institute
- Robinson, G. (1992): World Class Leadership, The Lucky Goldstar (LG) Corp. Seattle, WA
- Robinson, G. (1991): Leadership, The Foundation of Quality (2 Day Workshop in Spanish), Queretaro and Toluca, Mexico, 1991 VITRO S.A.
- Robinson, G. (1994): 360 Degree Feedback, III Regional and National Congress of Internal Auditors and, the XIII Organization Development Congress, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and Monterrey, Mexico
- Robinson, G. (1993): Beyond Rules Based Business Conduct to Values Based Integrity, Fourth Annual Conference on Ethics in America, Long Beach, CA
- Robinson, G. (1992): Organizational Life Cycles. (In Spanish) First Working Session of Internal Auditors of the Americas, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, October,
- Robinson, G. (1990: The Professional Attitude of the Internal Auditor (In Spanish), The Mexican Institute of Internal Auditors, Mexico City
- Robinson, G. (1990): Performance Management (in Spanish) at the 9th Organizational Development Conference, Monterrey, Mexico.
- Robinson, G. (1009): Total Quality and Internal Auditing (in Spanish) revised at First Andean Conference of Internal Auditors, Quito.
- Robinson, G. (1989): Total Quality and Internal Auditing (in Spanish) presentation at the second Inter-American conference of Internal Auditors, Sao Paulo.
- Robinson, G. (1989): Total Quality (in Spanish) Vitro Envases, Monterrey, Mexico.
- Robinson, G. (1988): International Competitiveness and Productivity, (in Spanish) to the First Intercontinental Congress on Organization Development, Monterey, Mexico.
- Robinson, G. (1987): Internal Auditing Planning Using the Computer (in Spanish) at First Inter-American Conference of Internal Auditors, Quito, Ecuador.